Friday, November 16, 2007

Play Dough

It was a gray, wet morning. Nora and I made play dough. Then she and Henry tried it out. Nora felt it was very important to have a lot of "tools" for working with the dough.

Here is the recipe we used.

In a saucepan combine
1 cup flour
1/2 cup salt
2 tsp. cream of tartar

Stir together.

Slowly add 1 cup water
1 Tbsp. oil
food coloring

Stir until smooth.

Cook, stirring, over medium heat until dough comes together in a ball. Cool and knead until smooth. Will keep in an airtight container.

2 comments:

Mystie said...

We did play dough on Thursday and I tried a new recipe:

4 cups flour
1 cup salt
1/2 cup cream of tartar
4 cups water

Then you're supposed to cook it on the stove as yours says, but I tried putting it all in the Bosch mixer with boiling water. It didn't set quite so well and it needed another cup of flour, but we got it working.

I used a recipe just like the one you posted last time, but I couldn't find it. Now it's in a place I'll remember. :)

K said...

That is exactly why I posted the recipe, so that I will be able to find it next time!