Saturday, February 9, 2008

The due date comes... and goes

"The next morning, of course, Betsy made a list. Lists were always her comfort. For years she had made lists of books she must read, good habits she must acquire..."
-From Betsy and the Great World by Maud Hart Lovelace

The Other Side. I have been here before. Twice. So it should not be a surprise and yet it is. Like Betsy, I have made another list of things to occupy my time until she should decide to make an appearance. The uncertain nature of the end makes the timing so maddening. You want to have everything done, but not too early or it has to be done again.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Ellie was so late that we ate through all of our freezer meals I worked so hard on the previous month. Hang in there!

K said...

Samantha,

I can see that happening to me- I haven't felt much like cooking lately!
Kirsti