Thursday, April 9, 2009

Train cake

Our friend Hans had a train cake for his 5th birthday. It made a big impression. It was a train and everyone was given an entire car to eat. Since August, any time the subject of birthdays would come up (and it comes up pretty often in the toddler set) Henry would mention that he wanted a train cake for his birthday. Like Hans. I was nervous about attempting this but didn't feel that I had any choice. I think it turned out pretty well. It's obvious that it was made by an amateur but I think the birthday boy will like it.

3 comments:

Mystie said...

Looks great! Hans' wasn't even on tracks, nor did it have a sign. Very nice. :)

Jaeger is happy for Henry, that he can be 3, but is now all the more anxious for his 4th birthday.

We'll see if train cakes become the trend.

K said...

Thanks, Mystie. The sign was a lucky break. Ian loaned us his trains and I borrowed the accessories for this.

I hope train cakes don't become too popular because of all the surfaces to frost! At least I only had to make six cars.

RMs at the Village said...

It turned out GREAT! I thought the trees and signage looked familiar. Glad we could be there in spirit :-)