Monday, December 15, 2008

Cookies and candy

This year for the annual church bake sale (that benefits the local pregnancy center) I made sugar cookies, gingerbread cookies and chocolate chip-cranberry-pecan oatmeal cookies like I did last year. I used a new recipe for mocha chip cookies which worked fine, but the chocolate-peppermint cookies failed miserably. I bought a candy thermometer and tried my hand at candy making. I made fleur de sel toffee, tried penuche fudge (didn't turn out very well), two batches of chocolate fudge (one with peppermint) and winter bark with peanuts.

Seeing all the goodies that were going to leave the house was a little disappointing for Nora and Henry, but we will bake for us later. They did get to sample some of the broken and/or unsightly cookies.

No comments: