Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Crafty

I have been making felt food. There is a current craze that you may not be aware of, but a quick Google search will set you straight. This was my very first food item and one of my favorites, a fried egg.And another fried egg. Since cholesterol is not an issue with felt food, there will be plenty of eggs around here.A pot full of ravioli.My newest favorite thing is tea bags, perfect for my tea drinkers.I have also made some cookies and pita pockets and tomato slices and am working on making spinach leaves that look more realistic. Since they are so small finishing a piece of food doesn't take long. It's going to be a soft food Christmas around here.

2 comments:

strawberry_kid said...

You have created a monster! Opal has now created 3 eggs, 2 tea bags (coffee dunkers she calls them), 1 lettuce leaf, 2 bacon strips, and numerous bow-tie pasta. She has big plans to buy felt at the JoAnn's New Year's sale when sheets of felt will be only $.20 instead of the usual $.25.
~Julie K.

K said...

It can become an all-consuming passion! Tell Opal to bring some of her creations on Sunday so I can see them.

Kirsti