Friday, April 15, 2011

Spring Challenge: tidying the entryway

Mystie is hosting a Spring Challenge. I liked having Simple Mom suggest tasks during Project : Simplify (I did them all even though I haven't posted them!) and this is a nice way to continue the momentum. My procrastinated task for the entryway was to glue the felt that I had cut some time ago (years, eek) to protect the shelves from being scratched by the baskets. It makes the whole shelf look neater. I am also working on a better system for the contents of the baskets and drawers. I got rid of more magazines that were there and was able to move some of the drawing supplies to an empty basket which should make them easier to access.
I was hoping my sister would be here to help with the beautifying part of the challenge but she isn't so I changed the tray I had there and cut a spray of lilac from our yard. I'd like to add more art to the wall.I also spent about 15 minutes outside sweeping off the front porch and relocating rocks the children had displayed there. Since we come in from the garage the front door doesn't get as much attention as it used to. Thanks, Mystie, for providing the nudge to get something done!

5 comments:

Mystie said...

Yay! Good job! :)

I really like your entryway table. I wish there was the right space for one in our entry. :)

I have been thinking about getting more art on the wall, as well.

Bobbinoggin said...

looks very nice! I love the orange curtains too.

A lamp and/or mirror in your entry way might be a nice way to accent your lovely table and organization as well. :)

K said...

Mystie- Thanks! Could you fit a narrow table or shelf across from the stairs? Is there room next to the kitchen doorway?

Bobbinnoggin- I like your ideas and will add a mirror to my list of things to look for. :) A lamp would be great there, but there is no outlet on that wall! So annoying.

strawberry_kid said...

I confess I have put lamps in places where there is not an outlet just because it looked "right." Someday we will add outlets....

Mystie said...

Mark could add an outlet, surely. :)